Monday, August 20, 2018

Back to BASICs

Some time ago I began to assemble a small collection of vintage home computers in order to begin blogging about what makes these machines so appealing.  In particular, programming these computers in BASIC in my early years made a huge impression on me and my creation of Liberty BASIC was inspired by my love for BASIC.

I have obtained the following machines in working condition.

Apple //c
Commodore 128 (a Commodore 64 compatible machine which also has a Z80 processor)
Commodore VIC-20
Atari 800XL
TRS-80 Color Computer 2 (not sure I will actually use this one)
And a few less popular computers that might make guest appearances.

To begin with, I am focusing on the Commodore VIC-20.  I have some ideas about very simple and fun projects in BASIC, and some Forth.  Since most of these machine also have a 6502 processor, perhaps there will also be some posts about that.


No comments: